Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Spice up your life!


Paging Dr. GreenThumb! Why not start growing your own herbs instead of buying them from the store? You'll have fresh basil, thyme, rosemary, parsley, and more right at your fingertips! And what a wonderful addition to your recipes! Start a small (and organic/pesticide-free) herb garden at home and in your yard. Once you get the hang of it, you can start utilizing your yard to grow more useful things like tomatoes and carrots. (more on home gardening later!)

Above are my neighbours herbs that he bought from Home Depot. I decided to grow my own and I'm still waiting for my seedlings to sprout! I feel like an anxious mother. But I can't wait to have my little herb garden by my windowsill to pick from! I'll keep you posted on their progress once I see them shooting up from the soil.

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio